I have just updated my wordpress installation to version 4.9 and installed a couple of plugins then it causes my pages to throw error 404 or not found
it’s mostly like the plugins updated caused it. But you can try these steps first:
1. check if .htaccess file is intact in the root folder
2. check if .htaccess has the right file permission. 644 is recommended.
3. check or re-save the permalink settings.
Other things to try:
- Disable all plugins, and activate them one by one to see which plugin will break the site
- try to activate the theme to twentyseventeen
- Verify the server PHP settings particularly upload, timeout limits. Increase them
Please login or Register to submit your answer